BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, September 19, 2009

excuses

I was witness to a conversation this morning that truly highlighted the way in which I use excuses. Party 1 was arguing for a position that truly didn't have a leg to stand on. Party 2 was arguing against the position, using reason. What was most striking was the way in which Party 1 twisted their arguments to fit their case. Weight was given to items that weren't really that important and when that failed, logic was just ignored. This is exactly how I have been living, with everything having and excuse, even if the excuse was the blanket excuse: abuse. I'm going to be alert for my using the term "yes, but" during an argument - in this case, that meant, "that's true, but I don't want to consider that fact because it weakens my side of the argument".

0 comments: